Owners with Group Permissions to Add/Delete Groups
- Click on the Dashboard icon
- Select Groups
- Click “+ New Group” in the upper-right
- Choose the Type of Group - Public, Private or Private List
Public (anyone can follow) or Private (only visible to owners or members)
- Choose an Avatar
- Name the Group (Group Names cannot be duplicated) and add a description of the group’s purpose (optional)
- Add Owner(s) and Members by typing in the name and selecting from the populated list (Please note: The name population is dependent on where the group was created - district or site level).
- You can easily update from Public to Private by selecting the Action Menu (...) under the Group Title/Description
- From here, you can Edit the Group, Change the Status (Public or Private), or Delete altogether
Please note: Lists will not populate within the left-navigation under “Groups”. It saves within Data - Groups or populates when sending an announcement.
- Enter the List Name
Option 1: Smart Builder - choose as many or few from the following selections. Each choice will populate within “Recipients”. Use the blue back arrow within the pop-out menu to view the list of all selections after making a choice within each:
- Grade Level(s)
- Gender (applies to students-only)
- Roles (Admins, Staff, Teacher, Contact, Student)
- Language Fluency (dependent if we pull from your SIS)
- Click Create to Save this Group
Option 2: CSV
Download the template, fill out the details, and upload the CSV
The imported file MUST BE in CSV (Comma Separated Values) format. This feature does not support Excel, Apple Numbers or any other spreadsheet format. If your source file is in one of these formats or applications, please "Save As" or "Export as CSV" format.
There must be at least one channel of communication per row.
Supported languages available here.
This feature is not available on smaller devices (< 767px wide) such as mobile phones or small tablets.Usage:
Set up your CSV file with 8 columns: ID, ID_Type, First Name, Last Name, Mobile Phone, Land Line, Email, and Language. Alternatively, we have provided a CSV template for your reference.
ID: This may contain either a Student ID or a Staff ID.
NOTE: The system assumes a CSV uploaded with data only in the ID column are Student IDs and will attempt to match those IDs to student members within the application. If using Staff IDs in the ID column, there MUST be a corresponding value in the ID_Type column for the respective row.
NOTE: ID uploads not available for Clever customers
ID_Type: This optional column tells the system what type of ID is in the ID column. Possible values are “Student” or “Staff”. Only required if using Staff IDs or using both Staff and Student IDs in the same CSV.
If utilizing staff or student IDs, the remaining columns do not need to be filled out, as we will default to the data in our system.
If wanting to create a group utilizing specific communication, please do not rely on IDs and fill out the following columns.
First Name: First name of intended recipient.
Last Name: Last name of intended recipient.
Mobile Phone: Mobile phone of the intended recipient, with or without “-” hyphens.
Landline: Home phone or any non-mobile number of the intended recipient, with or without “-” hyphens. Landline numbers cannot receive SMS notifications.
Email: Email of the intended recipient. Standard email@example.com email formatting required.
Language: Must contain the language name for the correspondence language code from your SIS. Supported language names are available here.
Once members upload, you can click the action menu to Remove or Make Owner
Your Private List is now saved within Dashboard - Groups
Option 3: Community List
Community Lists are intended for email marketing and announcements to the general community. Community list members can only receive email announcements.
Once a list has been created and saved, you can make it available for the community to become a member of this list without becoming a “member” of the district by placing a sign up form on your website or uploading a CSV of recipients from another email marketing system.
Click the action menu under the list name (...)
Choose Community Settings
From here, customize the welcome email that automatically sends to the members who sign up to receive emails from this particular list. (Ex. Welcome to the Sports List! You have signed up to receive emails regarding all things Sports within our district…)
Then, copy and paste the code snippet into an element in your content management system. This will embed the sign up for for this Community List. You may have as many sign up forms on your website as you need.
Select OK to confirm the community list
Select Cancel to disregard the community option
- Remove members by clicking the Remove button next to the name within the list
- Members can request to be removed by clicking on the link within the email footer
- Lists will not populate within the left-navigation under “Groups”. It saves within Dashboard - Groups and will show as a recipient option when creating an announcement.
- Recipients of this list are not members of the district and will not be included in any all-district or all-school general or emergency announcements. To include these recipients, the community list must be added as a separate recipient within the announcement creation.