Click the “Create” button (+) in the top right to begin an announcement.
Step 1 of 3 - Compose:
“Compose” is where you will choose your recipients, enter your English content and add any attachments.
The initial text content will be the default text across all delivery channels (Email, Feed, SMS, Voice TTS). You can custom tailor the announcement per channel and language in the following step.
- Enter your recipient group(s). This is any district, school, class or group you want to receive the announcement. (See also: CSV Ad Hoc Recipient Upload)
- Once a recipient group is selected you can further customize that group by clicking the number count within the recipient pill. (For more: See Announcement Subsets.)
- Enter your announcement in the announcement field in English. This content displays in the feed.
- Attach files, if necessary
- Click on “Add an attachment” (paperclip icon)
- Select your file
Best Practice: Always include messaging that describes the attachment so that recipients are inclined to click the links in the email or head to the app to find the attachment.
The attachments will show up as links if a recipient views the message within an email. The attachments will not be visible in SMS text.
- Click Next
Step 2 of 3 - Customize:
Announcements including students within the recipient group will give announcement creators the option to send to Students Only, Guardians Only, or Both. (An announcement will include the announcement creator and any other roles within the recipient group as well).
“Customize” your message per channel or disable a delivery channel completely. Take advantage of these options or Skip to the “Review” step.
- Email options to format:
- Who the email displays as sent “From”. Owners can select his/her own name or the Group name from the drop-down menu.
- Email subject line is now customizable or will default to “An Announcement from (Name)"
- Content to include basic formatting features - hyperlinks, bullets, sizing, color, etc.
- Shortcuts available:
- Bold: Command/Control + b
- Italic: Command/Control + i
- Underline: Command/Control + u
- Indent: tab
- Outdent: tab + delete
- Undo: Command/Control + z
- Redo: Command/Control + y
- Select All: Command/Control + A
- Customize Text Translations (See: Customize Text Translations)
- Note: Customizing the email does NOT customize the feed, as entered within the initial Compose stage.
- Please attempt to avoid the following compositions when allowing machine translation:
- Avoid Compound Sentence Structure
- Avoid Slang
- Avoid Colloquialisms
- Custom Voice Recording - you have the option to record via computer or phone and in the language of your recipient. You can also share with another translator/interpreter to create a recording. See Custom Voice Recording for details.
- If relying on machine translation, the text-to-speech verbiage is editable within the text box. You can listen to the TTS Preview within the next step (Voice tab).
- Calling Logic: If nobody answers the phone call (live person or voicemail), the number goes back into a queue and we attempt again in 15 - 20 minutes. We attempt a retry twice.
- Customize the SMS Text message in each language - 480 characters. (See: Customize Text Translations)
- Selecting Emergency will send your announcement to all contact info/modalities available for each user, overriding user preferences. Emergency announcements may only be sent for approved “Emergency Purposes”. Please refer to the TCPA guidelines.
- District Admins can add Twitter posting permissions to select Admins within the district. Twitter content can be customized and posted to the Twitter URL as determined by the District Admin.
Step 3 of 3 - Review:
“Review” is an extensive summary of results before sending. You can also preview all outgoing notifications and schedule your announcement to go out later.
- Summary tab indicates the reach results based on the modalities selected (Feed, Email, Phone, or SMS). You can see who is receiving the message, the modalities and language in which each person will receive the message, and most importantly, the members who will NOT be receiving the message. You can export the data before sending as well. Please see Review Step Summary for more details.
NOTE: Twitter reach is not available within the Review step
- Tabs indicate preview for each modality: Feed, Email, Voice, or SMS Text Message
- “Prev” will take you back to the Customize step
- “Schedule” lets you assign the date(s) and time you’d like the announcement to be delivered (See: Schedule Announcements)
General announcements and direct messages will not send during Quiet Hours hours set by the District Admin. The message will send when quiet time hours have expired.
- Click Send or Add To Queue (if scheduling)