- Click on the Direct Message icon to jump over to the private messaging center
- The message menu offers options: create new message, search past messages, or select from list of recent conversations. The most recent person messaged will show in the feed.
- If creating a new message, select recipient(s) by typing and choosing names from the dropdown menu. Add as many people as desired to the direct message.
- Type your message in the field labeled “Type your message here…
- Click Send
- Click on “Add an attachment”
- Select the file to include
- The file will upload immediately to the message
- Direct Messages send to email and/or text immediately if the person has not viewed the message within the app.
- General announcement and direct messages will not send during Quiet Hours set by the District Admin. The message will send when quiet time hours have expired.
- The recipient will receive the direct message in his/her preferred language. In fact, any member can send messages in his/her own preferred language and the app will instantly translate it for the recipient.
- Any person can respond to a direct message within the app or via email. If responding to email, the conversation remains within the app.
- If a person has opted-in for text messages, they will receive the direct message via SMS text message. A person can select to opt-out by responding “Stop” or altering Notification preferences with Personal Settings.
- Any time you see the Direct Message bubble next to a person’s name, you can click the bubble to direct message him/her on the fly. The message will deliver in the preferred language of the recipient.
- Recipients must be within your oversight or a coworker (administrator, teacher, faculty, parent, and/or student)
- Once a member is part of a conversation, they will always remain in the conversation.