- General Announcements and Direct Messages will not send during “quiet hours” set by the District Administrator. If a person attempts to send or schedule an announcement during quiet hours, it will automatically save to the Announcement Manager - Queue tab and send when quiet time is over. The Direct Message will send to the recipient when quiet time ends.
- Alerts and Notifications will not alert or notify during quiet time hours unless a member has special permission to override quiet hours.
- Emergency Announcements will send at any time, even during quiet hours.
- Urgent Alerts will send a phone call, SMS, and email but will not include "Emergency" in the message content like an Emergency announcement. To send this type of announcement requires special permissions.
Special Override Permissions:
Admins can give special permissions to members in order to override quiet hours and/or send urgent messaging (See: Customizing Member Permissions). To enable permissions for a person to override quiet hours:
- Head Dashboard - Members
- Click ‘info’ next to the member
- Select the “Permissions” tab
- Within the Moderator permission set, click on Customize this user. There are four additional options that do not pull over as permissions from the SIS:
- Can override Quiet Hours settings for Schoolwide Announcements
- Can override Quiet Hours settings for Districtwide Announcements
- Can set announcements as Urgent (overrides notification preferences like an Emergency but sends like a general announcement)
- Can include emergency contacts on Urgent announcements
- An Admin can only update permissions for another member and cannot update his/her own permissions.
- Even with override permissions, you cannot schedule an announcement to send during Quiet Hours. If the announcement is created during quiet hours and you press send, you will receive a prompt asking if you wish to override quiet hours.